- Buy the Right Size Skate – This one seems obvious, but if your new skates aren’t the right size then no amount of breaking in will fix them. If you need assistance finding the perfect pair of skates, then let our Pro Shop help.
- Condition Your Skates – Even if you buy the right size for you, it’s likely that your feet will be a little sore after the first few times you wear your new skates. Conditioning the boot leather will help with this. Try using a little leather conditioner on the tight areas or anywhere that pinches. Apply the conditioner a few times a day over the course of several days.
- Lacing Your Skates – To protect new skate leather, you may want to consider leaving the top 2 holes unlaced for the first 4-6 hours. After that, skate with just the top hole unlaced for the same amount of time. Then repeat the process once more. This will help ensure your ankle leather won’t crack as the skate molds to your foot.
- Heat Molding Skates – You can heat up skate boots with a hair dryer (be careful to do so evenly and to not damage the leather with too much heat). Once they’re nice and warm, wear them laced for about 5 minutes as they cool and the leather will better mold to your individual feet.
- Skate in Them! – Of course, the very best way to break in new skates is simply to skate in them.
Here at Skate World Leesburg, our customers leave satisfied whether they’re here for a party, Skate Camp, or just some family fun. So much so that they leave us a good review! Here’s what people are saying about us:
- “I learned to skate here over 20 years ago. I’m so glad to see the doors still open and that it is still a fun, safe, family environment.”
- “I had my daughters 7th birthday here today and had the BEST experience! As always, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. Highly recommend. Thanks for making my daughter’s birthday great.”
- “Great for having birthday parties. They literally take care of everything and the staff is helpful and friendly.”
- “My kids had a great time at Skate World! It’s even better now than it was back when I went there as a kid! The staff was very polite and the music was great! Will definitely be going back!”
- “Awesome Skate Rink. Retro style like the good ole days! Good music and the kiddo had a blast!”
- “My son just had his 8th birthday party here and it was worth every penny. They really do all the work for you and are very friendly and accommodating. I was very impressed with the 3 girls that handled the party!!! Everyone had a lot of fun.”
- “Awesome family oriented place, awesome owners who are family! Been skating here since I was a toddler.”
Spring Break is just around the corner and will be here before you know it. That means kids will be out of school, and parents will be scrambling for ways to keep them entertained. If you’re looking for fun things to do in Leesburg, Florida, we’ve got you covered! Check out these tips for a fun, family-friendly Spring Break in Leesburg.
It’s easy for kids and adults alike to succumb to the lure of the sofa and streaming services, but try to resist the urge. Most Americans are too sedentary to begin with, and spending all of your time off vegging out in front of the TV is a great way to waste a week without really getting that vacation feeling. Instead, get up and move!
Take a walk, go to the playground, or visit Skate World Leesburg. Roller skating is a great way to get some exercise without feeling like you’re working out. Toning your core and legs has never been so much fun. Skating can also be a good low-impact cross training option while school sports and P.E. are on hiatus.
Need a break? Head to the Leesburg Public Library and let everyone in the family check out a book or movie. And remember, libraries often host great events for kids, teens, and adults, from book clubs to story time to performances. If you’re looking for a fun family activity outdoors, then visit one of Leesburg’s many beautiful parks or preserves!
So make your plans to visit our Leesburg skating center this Spring Break. And don’t forget to check out our group discount and upcoming Leesburg events schedule!
For the uninitiated, jam skating is a freestyle skating that’s one part dance, one part gymnastics, and has been heavily influenced by many other styles that came before it.
Jam Skating History
Rhythm skating has been around as early as WWII. From there, distinctive styles quickly began to emerge. The late 1950s and 1960s saw the rise of the bee-bop style. By the 1970s, “Soul Nights” were being held at skating rinks across the country and with it came the soul skating style. The 1970s also saw the rise of roller disco. All of these styles helped to influence jam skating.
Jam skating (also known as shuffle skating, hexing, rexxing, toe-dancing, spot-skating, trucking, shadow skating, boogie bouncing, and crazy leg) has roots in roller disco, but it is far from traditional roller disco, as the form as been heavily influenced by breakdancing, as well as artistic skating and modern dance. Although jam skating can be traced back to the 1970s, the form gained extreme prominence in the early 1990s and is still very popular in today. If you’ve spend any time at a skating center, you’ve probably seen a couple talented folks jam skating along to the music.
Jam Skating in Popular Culture
Jam skating has been prominently featured in films such as Roll Bounce (2005) and ATL (2006). But it’s probably better known for its appearance in music videos such as “1, 2 Step” by Ciara and Missy Elliott, “My Shoes” by Murphy Lee, “I Heart You” by Toni Braxton, and of course “Blow” by Beyoncé.
If your resolution is to get fit and have more fun, why wait? We’re throwing the party of the year to send 2018 out with a bang. What better way to get a jump on your resolution than by joining us for our New Years Eve Glow party? We’ll be skating all night long and hosting all kinds of specials. Check out the details and book your spot today!
NYE Glow Party is Where the Fun is At!
Join us on New Year’s Eve, December 31st from 7 pm-1 am for a night of unforgettable fun. We’ll be hosting an awesome party including as much skating as you can handle, a two-hour pizza and Pepsi pig out, and a balloon drop at midnight. Plus, we’ll be giving away some prizes that you won’t want to miss out on.
Get Fit This New Year
Did you know that roller skating can burn up to 600 calories an hour? That’s equivalent to running for an hour on the treadmill but way more fun! So, if you’re trying to shed some pounds and get fit in 2019, consider trying something new. Join us for frequent skating sessions at Skate World and watch as the fat rolls right off!
Skating is also a really great way to fight childhood obesity. Keeping the kids active and fit can be difficult. But making exercise fun is a surefire way to get them up off the couch!
Give us a call today to book your spot for our big NYE party or find out more about how skating can help you get in shape in 2019!
The holidays are here and that means it is holiday party season! We love celebrating and when you party with us here at Skate World in Leesburg, Florida, you’ll get some great benefits. With so much going on, from our classic hardwood roller rink to our laser maze, there a million things to do. Check out what makes our parties the best for your corporate office this year!
We Do All the Work
Skate World Leesburg is the home of the world’s easiest parties! We take care of everything which means there’s no set up and no clean up. You can bring your entire office and all of your coworker’s family, show up for a good time and never worry about a single thing.
With the amount of stress you’re under from the rest of the world during the holiday season, what could be better than a worry-free party at a skating center full of family fun and awesome activities?
Perks of Our Private Parties
Need a place for 50 or more people to throw down and party during the holiday? You’ve found it! At Skate World in Leesburg, Florida, our private and corporate group parties mean you and your entire office can get 2 hours of private rink time.
Plus the snack bar will be open the entire time and everyone of all ages is welcome. Our private corporate package includes skates and rink time for 50 people for only $350. If that isn’t a great holiday deal, we don’t know what is.
To find out more or to book your office party today, give us a call or roll on by. We’d love to discuss your needs and get your party booked as soon as possible before time and space for the holidays runs out!
At Skate World in Leesburg, Florida, we look forward to National Roller Skating Month every year and this October is no different! Skating is our favorite activity and there are a ton of reasons why. So, this year we figured we’d share a little bit about the fun of skating with you. Check it out and come share the fun with us this October!
It has been over 200 years since the first person attached wheels to a pair of boots and started skating. Certainly, a lot has changed since then, but the essence has remained. It’s an essence that can be summed up in one word: FUN!
Fun is the reason skating has endured all these years as one of the world’s great pastimes! And fun is the reason skating will continue to be a cherished activity no matter how many screens, video games, computers, and devices come into our lives. From a leisurely day with your family to a full birthday bash, skating is affordable, inclusive, and a great time all around!
The tangibles are unique and irreplaceable, lacing up your skates and feeling the wind tussle your hair as you push off from the wall and glide effortlessly out onto the hardwood. The feeling you get as you pick up speed and whip through turns is nothing short of pure freedom.
Some of our best memories involve watching toddlers holding their parent’s hand and smiling ear to ear as they roll onto the rink for the first time. The joy is contagious here at Skate World. Young and old, boy and girl, everyone has fun with us. So, when you’re thinking up fun fall activities for the whole family, don’t forget that October is National Roller Skating Month! Roll on over, lace up your boots, and do a few laps at Skate World!
Do you know what’s better than having your birthday party at Skate World in Leesburg, FL? Nothing! Having a birthday party with us is the best. What makes having your kid’s birthday party with us at Skate World the best? Keep reading and we’ll let you know all about it!
At Skate World, You’re the MVP
Our birthday party packages are set up to make your little one feel like the king of the world! Regardless of which birthday package you choose, your birthday boy or girl is the unquestioned VIP of the event.
We offer admission for at least 10 guests, party invitations, birthday cake, and more for every guest. But the child of honor gets even more. How about a Skate World t-shirt and button plus a prize wheel and song dedication? Sounds pretty great to us!
Skating is Classic Fun
Who doesn’t have great memories of a birthday party at the roller skating rink when they were a kid? It’s almost a rite of passage to invite all your friends for a day at the skating center and for good reason. Roller skating is fun, good for you, family-friendly and great for large and small groups.
Our DJ plays all the hits from classic jams to the newest pop songs. And you better believe we’ll be playing the classic skating games like the limbo, four corners, and rocket ball to name a few.
Find Out What Makes Skate World Special
We could give a million reasons why you should consider throwing a birthday party at our skating center, but your best bet is to come down and give it a test roll. We have tons of open rink time so check us out and book your party today!
- Visit Skate World Leesburg! It’s always a great time to visit our Leesburg skate center, but if you’re looking for something extra special, then bring the whole family out on Saturday for All You Can Eat Pizza Night. This fun Leesburg event is held Saturdays from 7-10 pm. Admission is only $7.50 and you get FREE AYCE pizza from 7-9:30 pm.
- Enjoy a family lake day. We have quite a few wonderful lakes in the area to choose from including a trip to Lake Apopka or Lake Harris. If your family enjoys fishing, then we recommend Lake Harris for all its excellent bass fishing spots.
- Host a family movie night! This is a great option for making your own fun at home. Spruce up a family night-in with movie theater candy, snacks, and sodas. A little extra effort can transform another night at home into a night to remember.
Don’t let the fun end with summer! As the school year progresses, don’t forget to make time for family fun. Quality time spent with the whole family is important for kids and parents alike!
Plan a regular skate night for your family to get some exercise and spend some quality time together, and make sure to check out our schedule for fun special events like our All You Can Eat Pizza Night or our weekly Saturday Matinees.
It’s such a great feeling to lace up your skates and get ready to roll across the hardwoods. Roller skating is the perfect way to get out and have some fun with the whole family this summer. But did you know about the other benefits of skating?
It turns out that a day at Skate World in Leesburg, Florida is so much more than a day of fun! Check out some of the awesome health benefits that come with spending time at the roller rink.
Get a Workout Without Even Realizing It!
Skating for even 30 minutes can really get your blood pumping! Going around the rink at a moderate pace will get your heart rate up around 140 BPM which is the fat-burning range. You’ll also increase lean muscle mass and improve your balance and stamina.
Staying out on the hardwood for an hour can burn up to 600 calories. Plus, skating is easy on your bones and joints unlike a lot of other cardiovascular workouts.
The best part is that you’ll be having so much fun you won’t even notice how hard you’re working!
Gain Muscle and Get Ripped!
It might seem crazy but skating regularly can get you into some of the best shape of your life. Spending five or more hours a week at our skating center will help you burn fat and increase muscle tone. Keep it up for a few months and you’ll start to notice muscles you never even knew were there.
The Health Benefits Aren’t Bad, Either
Skating at a moderate pace is great cardiovascular exercise which is proven to ward off all kinds of health issues. The more cardio you get, the healthier your heart will be. Skating can also lower your risk of type 2 diabetes.
There are so many more benefits that come from making skating part of your weekly routine, but instead of letting us tell you about it, why not roll over and find out for yourself? At Skate World, we have open rink time to fit nearly every schedule.