When most people find a new hobby, they have one question: How can I do this all the time? When your new hobby is skating, the answer is easy: buy a pair of skates. Roller-skating is great for the family, it’s easy to pick up, and it’s just as good for your body as it is for your mood. But how can you decide whether it’s better to rent or buy roller-skates?
When to Rent Roller-Skates
- Is your child going through a growth spurt? Unless you have a younger child to who can get use out of hand-me-down skates, keep renting for now.
- If your family darts from one activity to the next (and leaves mountains of sports equipment, camping gear, and school stuff in the trunk), you may want to rent skates. After all, they’ll always be here waiting for you!
- How often do you roller-skate? If you only make it to the rink once or twice a month, skates might not be a good investment.
Why You Should Buy Skates
- Owning your own skates means a perfect fit. The boot will mold to your foot, making skating more comfortable and giving you better support.
- Math matters. Regular skate rentals cost $2, and speed skate and inline skate rentals cost $3. Depending on what kind of skate you buy, a pair of roller-skates can cost anywhere from $40 to a few hundred dollars. If your family skates three times a week, you can pay off basic skates in less than two months!
- Performance matters. Skate World has high quality rental skates, but if you’re a jam skater, derby skater, or speed skater, you’ll want a special skate. You can buy roller-skates to improve your speed and maneuverability, making you a better skater.
To learn more about how to choose the right roller-skate, visit the Pro Shop at Skate World in Leesburg.
Leave a Reply