Roller skating is just one of those activities that is too good to be true. But unlike a lot of things that are too good to be true, this activity is VERY real! Not only is it an all around enjoyable pastime, but it is also really great for your health! Now, you might be thinking that there is no way something can be so fun and yet so good for you at the same time. Well, you might be surprised to learn that roller skating is actually recommended by the American Heart Association as a great aerobic activity. Discover the world of benefits you can gain from hitting the rink at Skate World, located in Leesburg, Florida!
Health Benefits of Roller Skating
- If shedding some callories is the goal you are after, there is no more fun way to acheive that than to skate them away! Roller skating can burn up to 600 calories in one hour!
- Fast or slow, it doesn’t matter the pace that you keep while roller skating. As long as you keep a steady stride it can, and will, improve your cardio vascular health!
- If you come to the skating rink on a regular basis, chances are, you are giving your muscles tremendous exercise! From your legs to your core, skating will make you strong!
- Your endurance will greatly improve when you skate on a regular basis. And the more times you skate, the longer you’ll be able to do it each session!
- The health benefits extend beyond just physical. Roller skating is a wonderful way to blow off some steam and destress after a long week of work or school. Roller skating is great for your physical AND mental heatlh!