We all have to start somewhere, but starting can sometimes be the most difficult part of a process. This is true for most things, and it is true for roller skating as well. It can be a little disheartening to visit your local roller rink for your first ever skating session and see all of the experienced skaters performaing all sorts of complicated movements. You will get there though, you just have to take that first step! Roller skating can be easy once you get the hand of it! If you thinking of visiting Skate World, located in Leesburg, Florida, to try your hand at rolling around the rink, here’s everying you need to know!
- In order to roller skate, you need, well, the skates. But since you are a first timer, some safety equipment is a great tool to have while you’re learning. Elbow pads, knee pads and a helmet will help keep you protected while you’re getting the hang of things.
Let’s Get Into the Rink Now!
- You’re all geared up, so now it’s time for the fun part! Before you start rolling around the rink, and doing tricks, you need to know the basics.
- Place your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bend you knees and squat slightly. This will give you a bit more spring, and aid your balance.
- Find a sweet spot with this general stance that you feel comfortable with.
- You’ve got the stance down, now let’s get moving!
- To start rolling around the rink, position your toes outward and your heels inward.
- Practice walking like this until you find your balance. You may fall a few times trying to get it just right, but that’s what the pads are for! After a while, you will gain more confidence and be well on your way.
- Start to move your feet more quickly, and take longer strides.
- Begin to push off harder with one foot while you glide on the other. Glide farther and farther distances
Look, you’re roller skating! It’s always a great idea to take someone with you that has previous experience to help get you up to speed.
I love u