As the summer winds down and your kids go back to school, it’s important to make sure they stay physically active. Skating offers quite a few benefits for the mind as well as the body. Here are some of the ways that skating can help students as they head back to the classroom:
- Fun exercise – After a busy summer of swimming and playing other sports, some students have a hard time adjusting to the more sedentary days of the school year. Skating for exercise helps kids burn off extra energy, build strong muscles, and maintain a healthy weight.
- Stress reduction – Skating is a great way to alleviate back-to-school stress, and it provides a welcome distraction from everyday worries. With a calmer mind comes improved sleep – a bonus for students of any age.
- Endorphin release – Endorphins, the chemicals produced in the body during vigorous exercise, offer a natural way to regulate mood and to generate a feeling of well-being.
- Memory and concentration – Numerous studies have shown that regular exercise benefits cognitive function not only in childhood, but also throughout every stage of life.
- Self-esteem – As your kids build skills with practice at the skating rink, that sense of accomplishment can provide a confidence boost that carries over into the classroom.
To help your kids take advantage of the mental and physical benefits of skating, bring them to Skate World Leesburg, Lake and Sumter County’s only roller skating rink!
Can someone teach kids to skate?
Megan Christley says
We do not have any lessons that are set up currently. However, we do offer slower skates that help the kids learn due to the wheels not being able to roll out from under them as easily. We also do allow parents to walk on the skate floor during slower sessions to help their child. We hope you will come and skate with us soon!
Awesome benefit of skates for students!! We all need to keep healthy and I think skates are the best exercise for adults, kids and students. I have read a mylineskate beginner guide tips when I was student and now to read these health tips now I really interested to do skates on daily basis from my childhood.