As the summer winds down and your kids go back to school, it’s important to make sure they stay physically active. Skating offers quite a few benefits for the mind as well as the body. Here are some of the ways that skating can help students as they head back to the classroom:
- Fun exercise – After a busy summer of swimming and playing other sports, some students have a hard time adjusting to the more sedentary days of the school year. Skating for exercise helps kids burn off extra energy, build strong muscles, and maintain a healthy weight.
- Stress reduction – Skating is a great way to alleviate back-to-school stress, and it provides a welcome distraction from everyday worries. With a calmer mind comes improved sleep – a bonus for students of any age.
- Endorphin release – Endorphins, the chemicals produced in the body during vigorous exercise, offer a natural way to regulate mood and to generate a feeling of well-being.
- Memory and concentration – Numerous studies have shown that regular exercise benefits cognitive function not only in childhood, but also throughout every stage of life.
- Self-esteem – As your kids build skills with practice at the skating rink, that sense of accomplishment can provide a confidence boost that carries over into the classroom.
To help your kids take advantage of the mental and physical benefits of skating, bring them to Skate World Leesburg, Lake and Sumter County’s only roller skating rink!